SATURDAY, 10th August 2019
RIVER CLYDE, GLASGOW GREEN
Over the summer they will be provided with the necessary equipment and, hopefully, a few laughs and all of the training required to compete in a day of racing against other beginners.
The emphasis of the event is very much on building team skills of cooperation and coordination: every year we see those who listen best, work together, adapt to a new environment and respond to the strengths and weaknesses of their colleagues performing better and enjoying the experience more than the biggest and the fittest.
For your first session, your assigned coach will safely communicate to you the basics of rowing during your on-the-water training at our club on Glasgow Green.
In the weeks that follow our experienced coaches and coxswains will help you to develop the technique and teamwork necessary to operate as a coordinated crew in preparation for a day of head-to-head racing with many other Corporate crews.
Prizes on the day will include commemorative etched glasses for those reaching the final, with those winning the event being awarded the British Steel Trophy.
In addition to the main racing events, regatta day will also see a variety of sprint race events/ and our ‘Ergo Challenge’ – a relay event to see which crew & coach can complete the biggest distance with 30 seconds rowing per crew member max of 4, plus 1 minute rowing for the coach.
The rules are simple:
- Each company will put forward a crew (or crews) of four or five people with no recent club rowing experience.
- Entries are limited to
- The cost of entry is £500 per crew, a discount of £100 per crew for two or more crews. Payable in advance or by instalments.
- Training will commence week beginning Monday 1st July with 6 1.5 hour weekly sessions on the River Clyde with their appointed coach.
The format for racing shall be as follows:
- The course shall be over 250 meters on the River Clyde at Glasgow Green.
- Each race shall be between two crews.
- Races shall be handicapped to compensate for the ratio of male to female members to allow for fair racing.
- Each crew will compete in up to four group stage races with the top two teams from each group going forward to knock-out events.
- Health and safety will be key to both regatta day and the training sessions with first aid provision and safety launches in place.
Entries will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis, so get in quick!
Entries close on Thursday 20th June 2019.
Continuing Rowing after the Regatta
We do hope that your experience will whet your appetite for this sport and welcome anyone who wishes to join the club after the event.
The club is always looking for corporate partners in our various projects, If you are interested to find out more please do get in touch. Meanwhile, if you wish to support us on regatta day maybe your company would be interested in advertising in our free programme, again please let us know.
Please do give us feedback on your time with us by completing our feedback form. We value this and really need it to ensure that we are giving people a worthwhile experience.
Contact us at email@example.com