SATURDAY, 5th AUGUST 2017
RIVER CLYDE, GLASGOW GREEN
We are inviting companies to assemble a crew (or crews) of four to compete in the annual Clydesdale Amateur Rowing Club Corporate Regatta on the River Clyde.
Over the summer they will be provided with the necessary equipment, hopefully a few laughs and all of the training required to compete in a day of racing against other beginners.
The emphasis of the event is very much on building team skills of cooperation and coordination: every year we see those who listen best, work together, adapt to a new environment and respond to the strengths and weaknesses of their colleagues performing better and enjoying the experience more than the biggest and the fittest.
Training begins with an introductory session at the Scottish Rowing Centre – a state of the art indoor facility located at Strathclyde Country Park. Here, coaches will have the opportunity to safely communicate to you the basics of rowing in preparation for your on-the-water training at our club on Glasgow Green.
In the following weeks, our experienced coaches and coxswains will help you to develop the technique and team work necessary to operate as a coordinated crew in preparation for a day of head-to-head racing with 20 crews.
Prizes on the day will include commemorative etched glasses for those reaching the final, with those winning the event being awarded the British Steel Trophy.
In addition to the main racing events, regatta day will also see our ‘Ergo Challenge’ – a relay event to see which crew can set the fastest time for 2,000m on one of our Concept II rowing machines.
- Each company will put forward a crew (or crews) of four people with no previous Club rowing experience.
- Entries are limited to 20 crews.
- The cost of entry is £400 per crew.
- Training will be over 7 weeks and will comprise one indoor session at the Scottish Rowing Centre and six on-the-water sessions on the River Clyde with their appointed coach.
- Training culminates with race day on Saturday 5th August 2017
The format for racing shall be as follows:
- The course shall be over 250m downstream on the River Clyde at Glasgow Green.
- Each race shall be between two crews.
- Races shall be handicapped to compensate for the ratio of male to female members to allow for fair racing.
- Each crew will compete in up to four group stage races with the top two teams from each group going forward to knock-out events.
- Health and safety will be key to both regatta day and the training sessions with first aid provision and safety launches in place.
Please read the “Notes for Crews” (linked above) which contain information and useful tips to help you prepare for your training sessions and race day.
Entries close when all the spaces are filled or on 31st May 2017, whichever comes first
Congratulations to the winners of our 2016 Corporate Regatta – Sgurrillaz (Sgurr Energy)
The winners of the 2015 Corporate Regatta – Kraken Rowers (Andritz Hydro Hammerfest)
The winners of the 2014 Corporate Regatta: The Drowned Gods (Donaldson’s Associates)
Continuing Rowing after the Regatta
We do hope that your experience will whet your appetite for this sport and welcome anyone who wishes to join the club after the event.
The club are always looking for corporate partners in our various projects, If you are interested to find out more please do get in touch. Meanwhile if you wish to support us on regatta day maybe your company would be interested in advertising in our free programme, again please let us know.
Please do give us feedback on your time with us by completing our feedback form. We value this and really need it to ensure that we are giving people a worthwhile experience.
Contact us at email@example.com